Wednesday 5 September 2012

Tempus fugit ....

A Latin expression meaning "time flees", but more commonly translated as "time flies", which seemed appropriate for this piece given it's exactly one year on from the last time I published anything here! Indeed if you agree with the saying "Time flies when you're having fun" then this last year must have been a ball!


Despite the blogging inactivity I have still been out and about with the camera over the past year and felt it's about time I shared some of these with you (aren't you lucky!) but also to include more general stuff; views on some of places I've been, books I've read, that sort of thing. Usually these will be associated with photography or one of the subjects of my efforts (so more planes, no trains, but plenty of automobiles).

So, to kick things off let me return to one of my favourite subjects, at the risk of boring you, the last flying Vulcan XH558, seen here taking off from Robin Hood Airport where she's now based - a glorious day where the sunlight just glinted off the wings.




Watch this space - more to come!